Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Good, bad, and ugly

The good news today is at 37 weeks my blood pressure is still right where it should be. The bad news is I won't get my vehicle back until the end of next week, and my rental car isn't the best car on earth. I guess I should just be thankful I have anything to drive at all at this point.

The ugly is the view from my front dining room window.......
No your eyes are not playing tricks on you. That is a dumpster and a port-a-potty. It is certainly not a scenic view, although the port-a-potty may come in handy when the redneck crew comes to hang. They can use it instead of the side of my house ;). I guess that's a part of living in a neighborhood that is new and still under construction that I am going to have to get used to. I am also having to get used to all the trees and shrubs being so small and brand new. I realize that these things are just going to take time, and have to remember that it won't be this way forever!One good thing I can say about the construction across the street is Davin will stand in that window and watch the tractors and workers as long as they are there. The bad part is he cries when they leave. He is in the picture above because that is where he had been standing for about 35 minutes straight before I decided to take the picture, not because he was posing for Mommy!

Also on the ugly list is my tummy! I didn't realize how huge that thing is until Doug took a picture of it which I am going to kindly spare you all from seeing and not post. I am very jealous of all my girlfriends who had perfect stretch mark free bellies. The only good thing is this time mine are white and not plum purple like they were with the boys!

The boys are happy that they are finally making some friends to play with in the new neighborhood. They are decorating the driveway with sidewalk chalk after a busy evening "working" in the empty lot next door to us. I am glad that they are realizing they can be friends with the kids here and with the kids from Redwood. Ethan is also beginning to understand that his new friends are additions and not replacements, and he will always be friends with Michael, Jake, etc. no matter where he lives!

1 comment:

  1. Just be glad it's cheap free entertainment while it lasts. ;)

    ReplyDelete