Sunday, August 15, 2010

The last hurrah.....

Unfortunately, this was the last weekend before I go back to work. We made the most of it by having lots of fun. We kicked it off Friday night with Matthew's super fun birthday party. They had a water balloon war, and lots of swimming and jumping.

Levi was a good sport!



Claire chowed down on dinner then passed out in her highchair. This is not the first time she has done this. The main issue with this is the complete mess her face is in.

Ginnie and Cameron came up for a visit on Saturday afternoon. We were supposed to go to a water park, but plans kept getting shifted. That doesn't matter because we all have fun together no matter where we are.

Davin and Cameron played and danced.

Their favorite game was jumping off the coffee table which was probably not the best of ideas, but no harm no foul, right? I love Cameron's action shot.

We headed out to the Stern's camper at Knoll Ridge Park on Lewisville Lake to spend Saturday evening. We had an absolute blast, and they had the best spot in the whole park! Ethan loved Monte's awesome boat! We love Greg and Kari, and their family, and are very thankful for all of the good memories made with them.
Davin had no fear in that water. Thank goodness for Kari's help!
Ethan, Jake, and Davin

Claire even liked the 95 degree water. There was nothing refreshing about it.




burger time!

Hold me!!

When we were exiting the park, we noticed a bunch of raccoons sitting off the side of the road. Doug pulled the truck over so the boys could get out and get a better look at them.

The park ranger fed them dog biscuits out of her hand. It was so cute to watch the little raccoons run up to her and take the treats. She said she feeds the family of 18 every evening.


We spent today doing yard work, laundry, and grocery shopping. Of course my house still looks like a wreck, and I did not put all the laundry away, and I will not be home this week to finish it all up. I can't believe summer has already come and gone, but I am thankful that it was one of the best summer's ever!!Davin asked me if we could go to Wal-Mart and buy a remote to start summer again. I wish.......

The upside is knowing that fall is right around the corner, and I love me some fall, football season, and the soon to follow holiday season. I especially love Halloween! Of course I am sad that I will not have leisurely mornings with my kiddos anymore, but I am very thankful that they will be spending leisurely morning with their Grandma. At least if I am going to work I know I have the most perfect job in the entire world for me. Not to mention this school year is already off to an easier start since I don't have to deal with nursing/pumping, and my daughter sleeps through the night!

Until next year summer......adios :(

No comments:

Post a Comment