Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy Birthday weekend, Claire!

I almost can not believe that my sweet baby girl is already a big one year old! My did the time fly! We had a small family party Friday evening for Claire. We all had a good time all things considered. Everyone was kind of tired from my first week back at work, and all of us are having coughing/congestion issues that resulted in a Claire that was not as interested in her birthday festivities as I was hoping she would be.

We had macaroni salad and burgers for dinner. Notice Diesel in his normal spot next to the high chair?

Claire is taking steps...lots of steps....but she still crawls if she is tired or in a big hurry. Dare I say my sweet girl is walking? I think so....




She acted a little startled by the singing and the candle.




I was all ready for the huge mess, but she really didn't make one.



Claire loves her little house from Doug and I. Oddly enough so do her brothers.
Grandma always gets everyone a little something so no one feels left out.


Her brothers bought Claire her very own little people car to push around. Maybe this will reduce the fighting over the fire trucks somewhat.





Happy, Happy Birthday my beautiful baby boo!!!

After Claire was finished opening her presents, the boys, my parents, Whitney, and James headed off to spend the night in the RV at Hickory Creek Park on Lake Lewisville so they could watch the hot air balloons launch at the balloon festival the next morning. The only stinky part was it was so windy that only 1 balloon lifted off.
Doug, Claire, and I joined them on Saturday evening for a cook out, and to watch the balloon glow across the lake.
The kids enjoyed playing at the park right in front of my parents RV spot.

Davin had hit the wall by late evening.



The balloons

Claire did better eating her cake for left overs the next day.

I thought this was so sweet! Davin was throwing a fit in the hall way thus crying, and Claire crawled over to him and starting hugging him to try to make him feel better. I feel so fortunate that my kiddos all love each other so much!

1 comment:

  1. That last pic really got me, C!!! Happy birthday to big girl Claire :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete