Saturday, August 28, 2010

12 months....already

My sweet Claire had her well-check this week. Those things seems to be a curse that will ensure that she will not be so well. She still has that blasted cold, and Dr. Dhoot said we would have to bring her in when she is all better for her shots. I must admit that I don't mind putting those off just a little while longer.

At 12 months she weighs 19.2lbs (20%) and is 29 in.(50%). Yes, she is walking. Walking is a bitter sweet moment to me. It means the chase is on, but I don't have to worry about her scrapping her knees up anymore. She still wears a size 3 diaper, and size 3 shoes. 12-18months are still a bit too large for her. Her 9-12 months are just fine. I am hoping we make it to cooler weather in this size so I can just start over.

She has added a couple of new phrases to her vocabulary like, "stop that" and "get down." She loves to eat ice chips. If she is fussy I can give her a cup of ice chips and she is all smiles again. She seems to like whole milk just fine. She especially loves ice cream, but who doesn't? She eats just about anything we do. She gives great big hugs, and tries to console people if she thinks they are upset. She is just about the sweetest little thing ever!

I thought it would be really neat to start blogging about some of the boys past events since I wasn't a blogger until recently. There is a "funny" story about getting these pics on this post. I got on our old laptop last night to discover that Doug deleted all the Kodak easy share software from the computer because we don't use it anymore. He didn't realize that he also erased every single existing picture that had ever been taken of the boys up through last fall in the process. I had a total and complete melt down. Yes, I was all out bawling!!! Doug didn't know what to do or say. It ended up that we had saved all those files to disc. His life was spared, and I regained sanity. I knew we had backed up some, but I didn't know we had backed up all of them!!! Thank God!!!! I will be putting my photos on disc a little more often now I think!!

At my sweet little Davin's first birthday he was also sick. I'm not sure why, but he had been running a fever off and on all day that day a the day prior, but he still ended up in a pretty good mood.

Davin at 12 months: weight 21.2lbs (30%); 29 and 1/2 inch. (45%)













We called Ethan the energizer bunny at 12 months because he just kept going and going. He started walking at 9 and 1/2 months, and was running around McDonalds at his first b-day party. At 12 months Ethan weighed 22lbs (30%) and was 29 1/2 inches (45%). I have tons of pictures of his first party, but I only have a few on the computer. Most of his pics were taken with a camera that had film, and I have them in the cutest little album that matched his birthday party theme. He also has a super cute baby book. It's amazing how quickly things change. After I got my first digital camera I stopped printing pictures. I am pretty sure I don't have a single printed pic of Davin or Claire's first year, and I certainly don't have a cutesy baby book. That is what this blog is supposed to be!


He had super blond hair!I think Claire looks a lot like Ethan.






He was the sweetest little thing! It is hard to fathom that this sweet baby boy will be 8 years old next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment