Monday, July 18, 2011

Look what we've been up to!

We have spent a lot of time in the water this summer. This is the 2nd hottest summer on record at this time with night time lows not falling below the 80 degree mark. We have already had 20+ days of 100+ degree heat, and it's only mid July! The average number of 100+ degree days in DFW is 16.

We have had lots of friends to keep us company in the water both at home and away.




Claire and Sarah



We have not gone on any road trips this summer, but I did hit the 50,000 mark.
Claire is asleep in this picture. We had just left the water park, and hadn't even made it over to Sonic yet.
We go to story time at the library almost every week. The kids and I are a part of the summer reading club, and get small rewards and treats for turning in our reading logs.
We have also been doing some biking on the Denton bike trail close to our neighborhood now that it is finally open again. We ride the trail then cut off to the school to play at the covered playground for a bit. We have discovered it is best for Davin if we take the short way home. Ashlea and Micah introduced us to the trail.

We have a few lunches out. My kids always choose the most unlikely kid places when I give them a choice. On this day they choose Pei Wei, and love eating with chopsticks.
We went to a week night FC Dallas game last week with Grandpa. It was my first MLS soccer game, and I must admit that I really enjoyed it. The fan involvement it part of what makes the game so much fun!

I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to spend these summer days with my sweet babies! We only have 4 weeks left, and I am going to make sure that we make the absolute most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment