Sunday, July 17, 2011

A busy end to a busy year!

The last few weeks of the school year always seem to be crazy busy, and this year was certainly no exception. Davin's school carnival, and Ethan's last soccer game of the season fell of the same day. Below is Davin performing with his class. The boys always want to ride the pseudo train at any carnival.
Ethan and Dad.
Despite all of Ethan and his team's best efforts, the Sharks had a win less season. I think you can see the frustration on Ethan's face.
Doug and I also had a season of our own. We played coed softball together for TCOC. We only had one loss the entire season. Doug and I had a great time! Doug plays center field, and I play first base. He is at the top of the line up, and I am at the bottom :) Our team is staying in the "just for fun" league in the fall, and is planning on moving to a more competitive league in the spring! Yikes! :)
Denae welcomed baby Blake at the end of this school year as well, and Michelle and I went to meet him only an hour or so after his arrival. He was a big strong boy at 9lbs 1 oz. Blake and Denae both looked great. What a blessing a baby is!!


I may have mentioned this a time or two, but I am very blessed and privileged to work at a great school that I am allowed to enroll my own children in so that they can be with me. I was able to snap a few pics of Ethan at this year's field day, Gators Gone Country.




The end of the year also means 5th grade musical time. This year we did "Return of the Glass Slipper." It was a Cinderella story, and the cast was absolutely outstanding. It made my favorites list for sure. This year's 5th grade was very special to me because they were my first group of kindergarten Gators. I get a little emotional when I remember the way they were when they came to me as cute and crying kindergartner's, and now I am sending them off to middle school. "The days may be long, but the years sure do go by fast....."
The Cast

Here is a pic of Nick (my choir accompanist as well as mine and Ethan's piano teacher) and I right before 5th grade memory day. Nick is an awesome musician, and Ethan and I are so lucky to be studying with him.
Well, my baby has completed half of his elementary years! Holy cow! Thank you, Mrs. Greenlee for and awesome year in 2nd grade!
Celebrating Rachel's 8th birthday!

Claire first true hair cut that wasn't just an around the face trim, and I actually took a couple of pictures. She normally isn't this cooperative!

Ethan performing fine arts puppet show at church. He is the very last puppet on the right.

Back yard fun!
An unwelcome back yard visitor!!!Ice cream at Beth Marie's.

Claire loves her baby's and "pretties."
....and her sweets!
We are very busy, but very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you back! You had an incredibly busy end of the year, and I don't know how you do it all. The 5th grade program was AWESOME!!!!

    I am a little jealous that Claire needed a haircut. Wish you could have given Kate some of that hair!

    ReplyDelete