Sunday, July 17, 2011

Easter


Well, once again I am months behind on my blog post. Some of this is partially due to the fact the FB mobile upload via android has somewhat taken over this once camera carrying blogging mom. I am going to try to be better about keeping my "real" camera with me, and try to update this thing at least once a month! That would be a vast improvement at this point.
Easter was in late April this year which was awesome! I colored Easter eggs with the kiddos on Easter eve. I find that particular activity to be such a beating! Maybe it will be easier when they are a little older. We use our eggs for deviled eggs as a side with our Easter dinner.
After we colored eggs, we set out our Easter baskets so that the Easter bunny could fill them up.


The Easter bunny did a nice job! I was sad about not being able to witness the kiddos discovering their baskets full of Easter joys. I had to be at church at 7:00 on Easter so the praise and worship team could warm up and rehearse "The Nicodemus Account" that we would be performing at all 3 services. I even sang a male/female duet this year. It had been a long time since I had performed anything in front of grown people :)
Doug did his best to capture a few pics for me!



Claire seemed to like her baby doll and bottles the best.

After church, we headed to "Eggstravaganza," an Easter egg hunt that our church sponsors. There is free food, face painting, bounce houses, and a ridiculous amount of eggs for the Easter egg hunt. We were hanging with our friends, the McKinnis' who introduced us to our new church home, TCOC. What a blessing both this family and the church have been to us!
Micah

Claire loved the bounce houses.
Off he goes.
Daddy and Claire.
Davin enjoyed the obstacle course.


Checking out their loot.



Claire was absolutely fascinated with the Easter bunny as long as he stayed a reasonable distance from her. It was a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment