Monday, July 18, 2011

Lake weekend


Last weekend my parents took their camper for a weekend stay at Lake Ray Roberts Isle de Bois branch. The kids absolutely loved the swim beach, and I must admit it was pretty cool for a lake. I am not fan of lake swimming, especially if it's Lewisville Lake, but this lake had real sand vs. rock at the beach as far as I could touch. I could even see my feet when I first got in the water!



Claire loved the way the sand felt, and playing in it.

The boys stayed the night, but Doug and I packed up and headed home with Claire shortly after dinner. The nice thing is this lake is only about 45 minutes north of us. We don't do a whole lot of overnight stays with Claire because it is kind of a pain in the behind to be blatantly honest. She goes right to sleep in her own bed which mean mommy and daddy get to sleep as well :) I am sure next summer will be a lot easier, but I am in no rush to push her to grow up by any means!

No comments:

Post a Comment