Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy 75th Birthday Papa Fred!

Last Saturday, Cindy snapped this shot of the little ones playing there own game during Ethan and Michael's soccer game. I wonder what the object of this game was!



I am so glad that we had the opportunity to celebrate my Papa's 75th birthday! The boys and I baked a cake, and we went to my Grandparent's house to celebrate with a birthday cook out after Ethan' soccer game. I think it is so awesome that the boys love to hang out and play with their Great Grandfather.



I asked Papa what he thinks the biggest difference is between the present, and when he was my age. His answer was the obvious technology, but the other half of his answer made me sad. He said that a person's word used to mean something. It was worth as much or more than their dollar. He said that now days he has experienced that most people don't really mean what they say, and just say whatever will make them look the best or keep them out of trouble. I do not want to be one of those people. It is my hope that my word is good to me friends. Of course, if you are a close friend then you already know that I am really don't sugar coat anything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment