Saturday, March 20, 2010

7 months old!!

Claire "Boodle Miss" is already 7 months old today. Each month seems to pass by more quickly. I just realized that I never rescheduled your 6 month well check! Guess I need to get on the ball.

According to my scale you now weigh roughly 15lbs 2 oz. This is not bad if it is accurate considering you were 14lbs and some change at your 6 month sick visit and I was told we would discuss your weight at your well check. Along with the topic of weight comes the topic of eating. You are currently on day 3 of a "nursing strike." This has left me with a major decision. Do I pump and hope this eventually passes, or do I just go ahead and wean? I am so torn!! This is such an emotional decision. Unfortunately, you are my last baby, and when your done nursing that is it for both of us forever. I thought I would be thrilled at the prospect of being able to truly have my body back to myself for the first time in 16 months. I wouldn't have to worry about eating spicy food, or vigorous exercise, etc. not to mention we are having to heavily supplement already do to under production issues which is really strange because I over produced with your brothers. I must admit that this has done a little damage to my "mommy pride." I should be able to provide adequate nourishment for my child, and for whatever reason I am not. I was planning on rebuilding my supply by exclusively nursing over Spring break, but your little strike is throwing that plan! I guess we will see what happens over the next couple of days....

The one upside to your bottle feedings is we have finally established a reasonable schedule with you. You are eating 8oz every 4 hours now. Most nights you are even sleeping and 8 hour stretch or so in your crib that we moved into our bedroom. I am not ready for you to be all the way upstairs yet!
Check out those little rolls!

You are such a great baby! You rarely ever cry. You open your mouth like a little baby bird whenever you see someone eating. It has become almost impossible to hold you and have a drink or food because you practically attack those items. You have started reaching for people this week, and even cried when I walked away at your brother's party last night.
You are smacking your lips and drooling a ton so I think your may cut your first tooth very soon! Could this have something to do with your little strike?
You love playing with any toy, but you seem particularly interested in balls and balloons. You are very fascinated with your brothers and the dog. You are getting on your hands and knees and rocking and inching yourself forward, but you are not crawling just yet, and that is fine by me! I am in no hurry. We all love you so much, and we are all enjoying every minute of our sweet little Claire!!

By the way...if I took a picture outside right now it would look like we are in the middle of a blizzard. The funny thing is it has already snowed so much this year that the kids could care less! I told them it was snowing, and the were completely unimpressed! Ethan said, "Is it supposed to snow in the Spring?" Only in Texas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment