Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December happenings....

I love Christmas time! It is the most wonderful, most beautiful, most exciting, most busy, and most stressful time of the year all in the same package. We had lots of Christmas activities and events this December just like everyone else. Of course, me managed to squeeze in a visit to Santa. Can you see how thrilled Claire was. She liked Santa just fine as long as I was holding her. She never cried during the picture, but she sure wasn't going to smile either! Of course she would point to Santa and say "ho, ho, ho" every time she saw him after her picture was over. It was so funny to hear her "ho, ho, ho" every time she saw anything Santa this whole season!

Davin enjoyed his party at CCDC where they made their own ginger bread houses. Davin was very proud of his creation. Both of the boys kept trying to eat it which I found extremely disgusting!

Davin also had a Christmas concert at his preschool one evening. Claire wasn't real into sitting and waiting patiently for it to begin. She had the most adorable hat that matched her Christmas dress this year, but nothing stays on or in this girl's hair for more than 5 minutes.

I had a hard time getting pictures of Davin because it was crowded, and we weren't super close. Davin was a baby cow for the first song. He enjoyed begin on the stage and singing! I'm so glad the Psalm says "Make a joyful sound" because most of it was just that :)!
Davin did learn to sing "Jingle Bells" for his Christmas performance, and Claire learned to sing it along with him. Her favorite part is "In a one horse open sleigh, Hey." She says "Hey" really loudly then claps for herself. It was so funny! Too bad that the word "hey" isn't really in "Jingle Bells". It's "sleigh" on 2 pitches with a slur, but I'm just going to have to let that go.
I was able to sing in a Christmas production for the first time in several years this year. I sang in "A TCOC Christmas" with my good pal and neighbor, Ashlea. I had an absolute blast, and being a part of the production was such a blessing. This is a horrible photo of me in the dressing room with Ashlea (who looked great)before the 1st Act of the 3rd and final performance of the production. I had a sinus infection and ear infection, and I was just beat by the 3rd go, but I loved each and every minute of it! I also had my first Christmas concert with the GRE Choir this year. They did such a nice job, and I am having so much fun making music with those kids. I already have all of our Christmas music picked out for next year!

This is a photo of our Christmas gift dresser/media console. It is perfect for our bedroom. I had to do some rearranging in order to accommodate the new piece which meant getting rid of the changing table we really weren't using anymore. I am glad that Doug and I have decided that we will not be having any more children as God has clearly revealed to us that 3 is our max, but for some reason I struggle a bit emotionally when it comes to officially "letting go" of the baby stuff. At least I was able to pass it on to a dear friend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment