Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sing a little song...

 December is a very busy month for any music teacher/musician! Carmen captured this pic of the Denton Bach Society's dress rehearsal of all 6 consecutive cantatas the comprise the complete "Christmas Oratorio" It was a blessing to be a part of this ambitious yet highly successful musical undertaking!

my rehearsal view

 Sweet Heidi and I right before show time!

I went to Claire's dress rehearsal at her school because Ethan's piano recital was the same night.
 

 Claire, Daddy, and her grandparents.
 


Ethan's piano recital!
 Here is Ashlea and I at the Friday night dress rehearsal about 11:30p.m. (rehearsal started at 6:00) preparing to rehearse our duet "The First Noel/Mary Mary" for A TCOC Christmas. This looks like one of those photos that should have a caption this..... I know that Ashlea and I both had much revealed to us through this experience! Saturday night went relatively well, but I woke up Sunday morning running an almost 103 degree fever! Talk about stink, but I made it through both shows......barely!
 My little brother graduated from UNT this month!

 I am so honored to have been nominated for Teacher of the Year again this year! Although I am beginning to feel like I'm always the bridesmaid and never the bride. Maybe the third time will be the charm? Lol! It is a privilege and an honor to be on the ballot, especially with the likes of Michelle Vaughn!
 A cold front blew in and I mean it BLEW in. As in it took out our fence and our trampoline. RIP.....

Davin and Daddy made this sleigh for the kindergarten parade. Unfortunately, Daddy had a little building mishap that required stitches!


The GRE Choir had a very successful Winter Concert this year! The teachers even performed a number which was a lot of fun! Perhaps we should make the teacher number and audience sing-a-long new traditions! My sweet students gave me these roses after the concert. I really do have one of the coolest jobs out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment