Friday, August 12, 2011

A Six Flags Day

My sister , Whitney, and I braved the 108 degree temperatures on Wednesday to take my boys and our neighbor, Matthew, to Six Flags over Texas. There apparently aren't many people as crazy as we are because the park was practically empty! We were able to walk on to pretty much anything we wanted including the new and improved Texas Giant! The boys were able to ride everything they were tall enough to ride multiple times. There was even a couple of times that they didn't even make us get off, and just let us ride twice in a row!

I am really proud of the kids. We were at the park from 10:45a.m. to 8:00p.m. when it closed, and none of them complained about all of the walking, or being hot one time. We just kept them wet, and the souvenir bottles filled, and they were good to go. Matthew and Ethan even got to ride the Titan for the first time, then multiple times after that. I still love me a good roller coaster, and I'm excited that my boys appear to share my enthusiasm.
Davin on the Looney Tune trucks. We did Looney Tune land at the end of the day. I thought it would be somewhat anti-climatic to 3 little boys who had rode every roller coaster in the park they were able to, but they still loved it! Davin is just a little over 42 inches which made the day much easier because he could ride everything the older boys were tall enough to ride except for the Texas Giant, the Titan, and Runaway Mountain because those had 48 inch height requirements. Davin is probably one of the most brave 4 years old's I know. He didn't protest about riding anything we walked up to. He would just get on. One of the funniest moments of the day was when we were riding the Shock Wave ( an upside down double loop roller coaster). As it was climbing the big hill before the drop he tugged on my shirt and said, "Mommy, is this going to be scary?" I told him no, that it would be fun. That poor child screamed his face off, and about clawed my arm off too. When the roller coaster finally stopped he said in a very upset tone, "Mommy, you lied. That was very scary and AWESOME!" LOL!
What I don't remember about past Six Flags visits is needing the entire next day to recover. Should I chalk it up to the heat wearing me out, or am I feeling a little age? hmmmm.......

What a great memory of a super fun summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment