Friday, August 12, 2011

Our Sea side Stay

We were able to go spend a few days sea side at Dellanera RV park in Galveston, Texas. My parents got an RV last year, and my kids sure have loved staying in it. This time we were right on the beach so we were able to enjoy lots on beach side fun, and go sight seeing in Galveston. Once again there is no rhyme or reason to the grouping or order of these photos so bare with me.

We spent some time at Moody Gardens. This is inside the aquarium pyramid. My boys were comparing their height to the penguins. I am not sure why so many of the pics came out blurry.
Inside the very hot and humid Rain Forest pyramid.

Claire loved this monkey. She asked to hold it, and to take it home in her Daddy's truck.

inside the shark cage
Davin and the Chinese crocodile
on the Dolphin boat tour
We were able to see several dolphins!








Davin and Grandpa
Claire didn't like having to wear a life jacket in the water.
Fun in the sand with the sea turtle and her eggs.
Just relaxing with Daddy


Smores over the grill. There is a burn ban everywhere. Yes, even the beach.




Grandma, Grandpa, and Ethan


Claire preferred to hang on the shore and play in the sand. She liked playing in the waves as long as the salt water stayed out of her eyes. I must admit that it does burn your eyes like crazy!
`Claire would point of the window of the RV and say, "Look, guys! Pool!" In reference to the Gulf of Mexico! Lol!

In the aquarium again

On the ferry to Bolivar Peninsula.
A sail boat next to the ferry.
Looking at sharks in the aquarium.
more beach fun
Claire at the touch tank
The boys and Grandpa on the upper deck of the ferry.
In the Discovery Pyramid at Moody Gardens.
A ferry identical to the one we were on retuning to the island.
Davin and Grandpa
The cars on the ferry.
In the shark tunnel. What a cool pic of Claire.
Davin in the Discovery Pyramid.

The Rainforest


Us on the back of the ferry. We had 2 inches cut off of Claire's hair last week to even it up all the way around. It looks better for sure, but I am having to adjust to it being "short" now.
The boys and Grandpa on the upper deck of the ferry again.
Mommy and Boodle in the waves. I had fun going out deep with the boys and riding the boogie boards back in!



Watching the penguins.

Claire liked the sharks.
Galveston is a great long weekend get a way! We had a blast just hanging on the beach, and PePaw and MeMaw (as Claire calls them) took us to a fancy sea food restaurant, Gaido's. I am glad that PePaw and MeMaw don't mind sharing their RV space with us! It was an very fun trip!
Grandpa and Ethan

I must mention that Doug and I took the boys to the water park at Moody Gardens to see the firework show over the harbor, and Doug said he and Claire really enjoyed it. Not me! I didn't even get to watch it. Davin ran off to the lazy river when I told him he had to stay in the wave pool so I went to go find him. Right as I spotted him, Ethan ran away from me to go "notify the life guards his little brother was missing. I returned Davin to Doug, and spent the ENTIRE fireworks display frantically looking for Ethan. I returned to Doug after it ended when the crowds were leaving in tears right as the life guards returned Ethan to Doug. I was relieved, and wanted to kick their little butts at the same time. I don't know if I have ever been that angry at my boys! Just wanted to make sure they don't forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment