Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Baby's galore

Claire and Lucas meet for the first time

I paced the floors all day at school with my phone in my pocket waiting for the text from my good friend Leia announcing the arrival of her first child, Lucas Austin. Come to find out the lovely folks at L and D kept bumping her scheduled induction back and she didn't get admitted until 4pm. When I got home from school I found out that our new neighbor friend had also been admitted, and would be having a c-section in a few hours a couple weeks early due to preeclampsia.

I patiently waited for the news all evening, and got a text just after midnight letting me know she would be having a c-section. Lucas was born just after 1am on Nov 21st. The chord was wrapped around his neck, and had an impressive knot. He was a healthy 9lb 2oz, and looks just like his pretty mama.
Here is Lucas and Mr. Eric

Claire decided to poop everywhere (you know the leaked out the diaper and up her back kind) and majorly spit up, etc, during our hospital visit. I think meeting Lucas made her nervous since they have an arranged marriage ;) At least it provided amusement.

Sweet boy!!!

Micah Frasier arrived during the 9am hour on Nov. 21st as well. He weighed 5lbs 10 oz. and looks just like his proud big brother, Matthew. I am so glad that we were able to ride bikes and hang out with Matthew, and meet his new little brother. All these babies are so exciting!! Claire will have lots of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment