Sunday, January 13, 2013

the January blah's


 On New Year's Day, I took down all of my Christmas decorations then went to a girl's movie and dinner outing to celebrate my dear friend Carmen's birthday.
 
 We also had time later in the week to go and play with friends since we did not have to go back to school until January 7th which I loved! It was so nice having some time after the holidays to chill and decompress before having to jump back in the saddle.

 
The kids ended their winter vacation by a bike ride on the Denton bike trail to Five Guys for dinner with Grandpa and a ride back home. It was hard to go to bed on time that night and ever more difficult to get out of bed for the entire week, even for mom! I felt like a teenager trying to get out of bed again. I don't like January. It is dark, cold, and dreary, with no holiday to really brighten it up (not to mention that the pocket book has gotten thinner, and my thighs have gotten thicker over the past month), and I wish I could just hibernate through January and February like a bear.  Thus, the January blah's.

 
 Doug got inspired by the show BBQ pit masters this weekend and decided to try his hand at smoking some chicken and ribs.

 Doug took this picture without warning anyone! It's so flattering. Grandpa and Aunt Whitney joined us for dinner before taking the boys to the Mean Green basketball game.
 and the Eagles win! Ah Cah!

No comments:

Post a Comment