Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome, 2012!

Happy New Year! We spent to first day of the new year sleepy because we stayed up way past our bedtime, and had to be at church by 8:45. We met Meemaw, Peepaw and James at Lucky Panda for lunch, attempted to take naps, played at the park, and eagerly awaited the Cowboys vs. Giants game (so far that isn't turning out very well). Claire thought it was so cool to have a "soccer shirt" just like Mommies!

We spent New Year's Eve with close friends and family at our home this year. We weren't sure until the very last minute if we were going to be able to host this little get together with our kiddos running fever all week, but everyone woke up fever free!
The kids enjoyed being all together.
Mr. Levi brought over some cool fireworks much to the children's excitement. We set them off in the field across the street then ran all ran as fast as we could into the house.
Claire and Peepaw watching the fireworks
Davin didn't even make it to our east coast toast. He is asleep next to Meemaw under all those pillows.
This is the 7th New Year's Eve gathering in a row we have spent with the Wentworths and the Sterns.
The kids all enjoyed jumping of the Seale children's new trampoline. It is their favorite gift from Mom and Dad!
I have proof the teenagers were here!
(Levi, Ashlea, and baby Minnie above, and James, Michelle, and baby girl Shields below)
We have been so blessed by and are very thankful for these friendships.

The first New Year's Eve kiss of the evening!

Ben, Sarah, Rachel, and Lila joined us as long as Miss Lila could stand it! So glad they were able to come for a while. I am sure Lila will be partying the night away by next year! Lol! Aunt Whitney was partying hopping :)
She had enough!

I am thankful we ended our year and began a new one with close family and friends. I do have several "resolutions" per say for this new year. They are.....

grow my hair back, and don't ever cut more than an inch off at a time ever again

put money away by designing a budget and sticking to it the ENTIRE year. (This year we made it through June)

Not to feel so stressed/overwhelmed all the time. I need to learn how to ask for help, and learn that I don't have to do everything.

be more punctual

update my blog at least once a month

overcome performance anxiety (not sure how I'm gonna pull this off)

Most of all I want to learn to allow myself to be lead by the spirit and not of the flesh. I want to exhibit faithfulness, patience, self-control, goodness, peace, joy, gentleness, kindness, and love (Galations 5: 22-23) even when I don't feel like it, and even when it is not shown to me!

I pray the Lord will bless us, lead us, and protect us all in 2012! Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment