Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stock show field trip

Last Thursday, I was able to find a sub so that I could go on Ethan's field trip with him to the Ft. Worth Stock Show. I wasn't Mrs. Seale this trip. I was just Ethan's mom, and that made the day even more special! We enjoyed seeing all of the livestock, and I even learned a thing or two. "Thank a farmer" was the catch phrase of the day! I don't know how farmers deal with all that poop!

They did not want to pet the llamas.

Ethan loved getting to pet Elsie's baby.
Ethan and I with Elsie, the official Borden cow!
We all ate sack lunches together in a giant cafeteria with lots of students from all over DFW.
We even got to see a baby chick hatch out of it's egg. Ethan said that was his favorite part of the whole day!

I don't know how this giant pig managed to sleep through everything that was going on, but she did. A part of me got sad realizing that a lot of the animals we were visiting were more than likely going to end up on people's dinner plates in the near future, but not sad enough to become a vegetarian. I guess I do better if I don't meet my dinner!

I feel very blessed that I was able to spend the day with my awesome little boy. I am so glad that he felt special having a day with his Mama sans his little siblings (even though we know he loves them very much).

No comments:

Post a Comment